Local Economic Development
Located at the northern end of the Rocky Mountain Front Range Urban Corridor, Cheyenne benefits from its proximity to the dense populations, diverse employment, and educational infrastructure of the Front Range cities of Colorado. Additionally, Wyoming is a right-to-work state with employer-friendly labor rates and laws.
Here in Cheyenne, businesses enjoy a favorable tax and regulatory climate, low cost of doing business, world-class communications, and having F.E. Warren Air Force Base as a terrific source for an educated, disciplined workforce made up of current and retired military enlisted and officers.
Over the years, Cheyenne has invested wisely (and generously) in quality of life initiatives. Without the major urban reconstruction and remediation costs of larger cities, Cheyenne can focus its resources on improvements for the future, including a $1.46 million expansion to the Greater Cheyenne Greenway; expanded parks; downtown historic districts; and new schools and community college facilities.
Many of the nation’s long-haul providers follow the I-25 or I-80 corridor. Level 3, Century Link and AT&T provide a highly sophisticated fiber connection. Cheyenne has a metropolitan optical Ethernet with an OC48 minimum capacity.
- Telecommunication facilities in Cheyenne are served by CenturyLink Corporation.
- AT&T, Sprint, Zayo and MCI are the long-haul carriers providing analog, digital and fiber optic transport services.
- Cheyenne is a major Electronic Switching Center with many high-speed data services including DSL, ATM, Frame Relay and ISDN.
- Cheyenne is at the crossroads of I-80 and I-25. I-80 runs from New Jersey to California, bisecting Cheyenne, and I-25 runs from Mexico through Wyoming, joining into I-90
- Cheyenne is 90 minutes north of Denver and Boulder, Colorado.
- Union Pacific and BNSF Railway both run through Cheyenne, with dual rail in the Cheyenne Logistics Hub.
- DIA is a short 90-minute drive, and Cheyenne recently invested $17.5M in a new airport terminal.
“We appreciate that LEADS has been responsive and helpful from day one. They have acquainted us with the community, answered numerous questions, and connected us to the resources necessary to make this move happen.”Karri Siebert
Owner, TBC Mfg