Quick Facts About Cheyenne
- Cheyenne Population Within City Limits: 64,521
- County Population: 98,782
- Average Commute Time: 14 Minutes
- Unemployment Rate: 3.5%
- Climate: Semi-arid
- Elevation: 6,100 ft.
- Sales Tax: 6% (State 4% – County 2%)
- Sewer Rates for All Users Per 1,000 Gallons: $4.9 (2019)
- Water Rates for Commercial/Industrial Users Per 1,000 Gallons: $4.93 (2019)
Proximity to Major Population Centers
500,000 45 mi. south (Ft. Collins & Greeley, CO)
2,500,000 90 mi. south (Metro Denver & Boulder, CO)
Laramie County Community College is located in Cheyenne, with 10 additional colleges/universities located within 50 miles of Cheyenne.
Student population of over 55,000
- Individual Income Tax: 0%
- Personal Income Tax: 0%
- Corporate Income Tax: 0%
- Sales Tax: 0%
- Manufacturing Equipment Sales Tax: 0%
Recent Locations to Cheyenne
- Microsoft Data Center
- National Center for Atmospheric Research Supercomputing Center
- Searing Industries
- Wal-Mart Regional Distribution Center
- Campstool Business Park Heavy Industrial
- Cheyenne Business Parkway – East Interstate 80 Heavy Industrial
- Niobrara Energy Park Light Industrial
- North Range Business Park – West Interstate 80 PUD with Technology Emphasis
- Swan Ranch – South Interstate 25 PUD with Industrial Emphasis (rail)
Workforce Development Training
- Up to $4,000 per year for new position
- Up to $2,000 per year for existing employees
Business Development Links
- City of Cheyenne
- Laramie County Community College Workforce Development Center
- Laramie County Government
- State of Wyoming
- Wyoming Business Council
- Wyoming Department of Workforce Services
- Wyoming Small Business Development Center
Economic Development Resources
The Wyoming Business Council
The State of Wyoming created the Wyoming Business Council to focus public and private efforts to build a strong job creation base in the new economy. The WBC is working hard developing a strong structure to provide communities with the necessary tools to expand existing businesses, attract new businesses to their area and develop their infrastructure.
To learn more about HUBZones in Cheyenne, click here.
Business and Industry
The Business and Industry Division focuses its attention on creating new and better job opportunities in Wyoming by encouraging new business start-ups; strengthening retention and expansion programs to help existing Wyoming companies; and targeting and recruiting businesses to Wyoming.
The division works with local organizations such as economic development groups, chambers of commerce and local government to help lay the foundation for economic development.