Location(s): Cheyenne, WY, US, 82009
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 65756
NextEra Energy Resources is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
Position Specific Description
Join the world’s leading generator of wind energy as a Wind Technician at NextEra Energy. As a Wind Technician you will be the critical front-line to ensure the safe and optimal performance of all wind farm operations. You will primarily focus on the safe execution of field-based equipment maintenance, diagnostics, as well as long-term reliability and profitability. Additional duties may include:
- Implementing Operation Safety Policy Instructions, conducting field work in compliance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) applicable regulations, encourage good employee safety practices, and drive an unparalleled employee safety culture
- Participating in Business Lean Six Sigma processes and projects
- Recruiting and developing other technicians for the ongoing development of team
- Supporting site manager for all phases of timely safety and environmental reporting, financial reporting, and turbine availability
- Collaborating closely with internal NextEra users to develop and implement operation focused feedback and solutions for planned and unplanned maintenance, improvement projects, development, and financial performance
- Presenting a positive professional representation of NextEra Energy in the community and with the customer
We offer competitive pay, bonus, benefits (including 401k & pension) and career development and advancement opportunities. Relocation benefits may also be available.
We look forward to reviewing your application and are very excited at the prospect of you joining our high-performance team!
Employees in this role perform maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on wind turbines and other associated equipment. Individuals understand the mechanics, including both electrical and maintenance of hydraulics, of all wind turbine components. This position replaces mechanical and electrical components, understands schematics and uses appropriate diagnostic tools. The successful candidate will interpret fault reports, maintain power generation reports, service logs in the computer database, and monitor turbine performance and SCADA systems.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under direct supervision:
- Performs regular preventative maintenance and repair on wind turbine power generation equipment
- Completes electrical, electronic, and mechanical troubleshooting
- Maintains all company supplied equipment, facilities and tooling
- Applies basic understanding of the technical and process functions
- Manages own training schedules and meets all training requirements within designated time frames
- Able to meet attendance requirements
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 1+ years in a technical field, OR completion of a technical certificate/degree program
- Valid Driver’s License (NON CDL)
- Ability to climb a wind turbine up to 300 feet
- Post-Offer Functional Capacity Eval
- Associate’s Degree
Employee Group: Non Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Technicians – Wind/HV/Solar
Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Wyoming
Nearest Secondary Market: Cheyenne
Job Segment: Wind Energy, Energy