Local Economic Development
Located at the northern end of the Rocky Mountain Front Range Urban Corridor, Cheyenne benefits from its proximity to the dense populations, diverse employment, and educational infrastructure of the Front Range cities of Colorado. Additionally, Wyoming is a right-to-work state with employer-friendly labor rates and laws.
Here in Cheyenne, businesses enjoy a favorable tax and regulatory climate, low cost of doing business, world-class communications, and having F.E. Warren Air Force Base as a terrific source for an educated, disciplined workforce made up of current and retired military members.
Over the years, Cheyenne has invested wisely (and generously) in quality of life initiatives. The community has chosen to invest in itself by voting for improvements such as the downtown splash pad, Botanic Gardens and 31 miles of Greenway; expanded parks; downtown historic districts; and new schools and community college facilities.
Many of the nation’s long-haul providers follow the I-25 or I-80 corridor that intersect in Cheyenne. Lumen/Century Link provides a highly sophisticated fiber network in the Cheyenne area along with other providers.
- Cheyenne is a Gigabit City and offers terabit services to existing data centers in the area
- Telecommunication facilities in Cheyenne are served by Lumen/Century Link
- Local communications and broadband service in Cheyenne are provided by LUMEN/Century Link
- Cheyenne is a major TOP for fiber connections between carriers
- Cheyenne is at the crossroads of I-80 and I-25. I-80 runs from New Jersey to California, bisecting Cheyenne, and I-25 runs from Mexico through Wyoming, joining into I-90
- Cheyenne is 90 minutes north of Denver and 30 minutes north of Ft. Collins, CO
- Union Pacific and BNSF Railway both run through Cheyenne, with dual rail in the Cheyenne Logistics Hub.
- Denver International Airport is a short 90-minute drive, and Cheyenne invested $17.5M in a new airport terminal which is serviced by SkyWest/United Airlines.
“We appreciate that LEADS has been responsive and helpful from day one. They have acquainted us with the community, answered numerous questions, and connected us to the resources necessary to make this move happen.”Karri Siebert
Owner, TBC Mfg